Jo Daviess County Public Hearing Notice
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
JO DAVIESS COUNTY
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
REBUILD ROUND II GRANT APPLICATION
FOR JO DAVIESS COUNTY
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the County of Jo Daviess on Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 6:30pm in the County Boardroom of the Jo Daviess County Courthouse, 330 N. Bench St., Galena, IL 61036, for the purpose of considering a project for which financial assistance is being sought from the Illinois Department of Transportation/Department of Public and Intermodal Transportation for IDOT Rebuild Round II Grant Application, pursuant to the Illinois Department of Transportation’s general authority to make such grants, and which is generally described as follows:
- Description of Project
- Replace 2 garage doors
- Create 9 additional parking spaces and repair driveway
- Add rear man door entrance to building- with sidewalk
- Safety- Replace broken window
- Security- Replace locks on all doors, also including key card
- Repair roof
- Rebranding- New sign for County Transit Building
- Financial Security- Fuel Tank Management system
- Update lighting
- Snow and lawn maintenance equipment
- Shop tools
- Relocation: No persons will be relocated as a result of these grant applications. Relocation assistance will not be required.
C Environment: This proposed project will be implemented to minimize environmental impacts.
- Comprehensive Planning: This project is in conformance with comprehensive transportation planning in the area.
E Elderly and Disabled: All transportation equipment used for this proposed project will meet the ADA accessibility rules for the elderly and persons with disabilities.
At the hearing, the County of Jo Daviess will afford an opportunity for interested persons or agencies to be heard with respect to the social, economic and environmental aspects of the proposed project. Interested persons may submit orally or in writing, evidence and recommendations with respect to said project. Information concerning this project may be obtained from:
Nicole Hermsen, Transit Director/PCOM
Jo Daviess County
710 S. West St., Galena, IL 61036
PLEASE NOTE: To promote health and safety, we encourage the public to follow the gubernatorial ‘shelter in place’ Executive Order and attend this public hearing virtually, using the information below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 890 0347 6837
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 890 0347 6837