If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
TAYLORVILLE – With the potentially deadly Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus spreading rapidly in Christian County and across the nation, people can still get tested at several sites in the county.
If you believe you’ve been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, wait three to five days before seeking a test for the most reliable results.
The most common symptoms are fever, dry cough and tiredness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Other less common symptoms include aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhea, headache, loss of taste or smell and a skin rash.
If you are experiencing symptoms and want to get tested, here are some of the locations where you can do that in Christian County.
Available testing sites in Christian County include the following:
• Christian County Health Department, 902 W. Springfield Road, Taylorville. Rapid testing available. Hours: 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Go online at cchdil.org or call 217-824- 4113, ext. 122, to schedule an appointment. All testing is done in your vehicle in the health department parking lot. Call 217-824-4113, ext. 111 or 122, when you arrive.
• CVS pharmacy, 401 N. Webster St., Taylorville. PCR “nose swab” test available. Hours: 8 a..m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays. To receive a test, go online at CVS.com/MinuteClinic to schedule an appointment or visit the drive-thru. Info: 217-287-7951.
• Springfield Clinic, 600 N. Main St., Taylorivlle. Must have primary care physician with Springfield Clinic to receive test. Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Testing available through the clinic’s drive- thru lab. Info: 217-287- 8855.
• Taylorville Urgent Care, 1510 W. Springfield Ave. Rapid and PCR “nose swab” tests available. No appoint- ment required. Hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
• Walgreens, 315 N. Webster St., Taylorville. Rapid testing available. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Register online at Walgreens.com/COVID19 or go through the drive-thru without an appointment. Info: 217-824-8154.
• Walgreens, 108 S. Poplar St., Pana. Rapid testing available. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. Closed Sundays. Register online atWalgreens.com/COVID19. Info: 217-562-2770.
If you are experiencing extreme shortness of breath or are unable to manage your symptoms at home, go to your hospital’s emergency department or call 911.