Two die, 4 hospitalized after Chicago carbon monoxide leak
If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Two women have died and four other people, including three children, have been hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak in Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood
CHICAGO (AP) — Two women died and four other people, including three children, were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak in Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood Friday, authorities said.
A woman in her 70s and another woman in her 50s were found dead inside in the basement of a home, fire officials said.
The women’s names haven’t been released.
One adult and three children were taken from the same scene to Stroger Hospital in stable condi- tion, they said.
A neighbor reported smelling gas and when crews entered the building, they found carbon monoxide levels of 200 parts per million, which can be fatal, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Chicago Fire Department spokesman Larry Merritt said it wasn’t clear where the carbon monoxide came from. A gas company was on scene investigating.