Public Hearing Notice
RE: Capital Assistance Grant Application, Improvements to purchase the following for Johnson, Massac, Pulaski, Alexander and Union Counties: Fuel Islands, Phone System, Backup Cameras, New Computers, Q-Straints, Tablets, 14 Wheel Chair Lifts, Air Conditioning Unit for Maintenance Facility and a new Training Facility to be built in Johnson County Illinois
- Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the Shawnee Mass Transit District.
Time: 8:00 A.M.
Room: Board of
Place: Shawnee Mass Transit District 100 Smart Drive Vienna Il 62995
For the purpose of considering a project for which financial assistance is being sought from the Illinois Department of Transportation, pursuant to its Capital Grants Program. The project is generally described as follows:
- Project Description: Shawnee Mass Transit District is looking to complete the following projects with the Rebuild Illinois Grant: 1) Purchase Fuel Islands for depots in Vienna, Anna, Mounds, Metropolis and Karnak. 2) Purchase a new phone system for the Vienna office, 3) Purchase Backup Cameras for all vehicles, 4) Purchase new computers company wide, 5) Purchase new Q-Straint restraints for all vehicles, 6) Purchase new tablets for all vehicles, 7) Purchase a new air conditioning system for our Maintenance Facility, 8) Purchase 14 new Wheel Chair lifts for 14 of our vehicles, 9) Design and Construct a new training facility in Vienna Illinois.
- Relocation: Relocation Assistance will not be required.
- Environment: This project is being implemented to minimize environmental impacts.
- Comprehensive Planning: This project is in conformance with comprehensive transportation planning in the area.
- Elderly and Handicapped: All new facilities included in this project will be accessible to the elderly and handicapped.
- At the hearing, the Shawnee Mass Transit District will afford an opportunity for interested persons or agencies to be heard with respect to the social, economic, and environmental aspects of the project. Interested persons may submit orally or in writing evidence and recommendations with respect to said project.
III. The Shawnee Mass Transit District requests that any hearing impaired person wishing to attend this Public Hearing notify Mike Pietrowski at 618.658.8384 at least one week before the scheduled hearing date so that arrangements can be made to provide an interpreter.
- A copy of the application for a state grant for the proposed project will be made available for public inspection at Shawnee Mass Transit District 100 Smart Drive Vienna Il 62995.
100 Smart Drive
Vienna IL 62995
9/15, 9/17, 2021