South Central Illinois Mass Transit District Public Notice
Public Hearing Notice
Notice of Public
South Central Illinois Mass Transit District
RE: REBUILD 2 Capital Assistance Grant Application for improvements to transfer station, website upgrade, purchase of busses and maintenance shop equipment.
- Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the South Central Illinois Mass Transit District via conference call on:
Date: September 30, 2021
Time: 11:30 a.m.
Conference Call info: Dial one of the numbers below and follow
United States (toll free) 1-866-899-4679
United States 1-571-317-3117
Access code: 876-438-037
For the purpose of considering a project for which financial assistance is being sought from the Illinois Department of Transportation, pursuant to its Capital Grants Program. The project is generally described as follows:
- Project Description: Capital assistance grant to a rural mass transit district not to exceed $1,151,000 for the purpose of improvements to a transfer station, website upgrade, purchase of busses and maintenance shop equipment.
- Relocation: Relocation Assistance will not be required.
- Environment: This project is being implemented to minimize environmental impacts.
- Comprehensive Planning: This project is in conformance with comprehensive transportation planning in the area.
- Elderly and Handicapped: All new facilities included in this project will be accessible to the elderly and handicapped.
- At the hearing, the South Central Illinois Mass Transit District will afford an opportunity for interested persons or agencies to be heard with respect to the social, economic, and environmental aspects of the project. Interested persons may submit orally or in writing evidence and recommendations with respect to said project.
III. The South Central Illinois Mass Transit District requests that any hearing impaired person wishing to attend this Public Hearing notify Vicki Clift at 618-436-3012 at least one week before the scheduled hearing date so that arrangements can be made to provide an interpreter.
- A copy of the application for a state grant for the proposed project will be made available for public inspection at the office of South Central IL Mass Transit District, 1616 E. McCord Street, Centralia, IL 62801.