ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1.1 PROJECT INFORMATION
- Notice to Bidders: bidders may submit bids for project as described in this Document. Submit bids according to the Instructions to Bidders.
- Project Identification: Shawnee Mass Transit, New Office & Maintenance Facilities – Project Number 21-21-072/039.
- Project Location: Anna, Illinois and Karnak, Illinois.
- Owner: Shawnee Mass Transit.
- Architect: White & Borgognoni Architects, P.C.
- Project Description The project includes the construction of two new office/maintenance facilities along with associated site work. One facility will be built at Anna, Illinois and the other at Karnak, Illinois. Site work at each site includes grading, new paved parking and drives, new sidewalks, and seeding. Building construction at each site includes poured concrete footings, foundations, and slabs, wood frame walls with metal exterior finish and gypsum board interior finish, pre-engineered wood truss system, asphalt shingle roofing, and associated mechanical/electrical and plumbing work.
- Construction Contract: Bids will be received for the following Work:
- General Contract (all trades).
1.2 BID SUBMITTAL AND OPENING
- Owner will receive sealed lump sum bids until the bid time and date at the location given below. Owner will consider bids prepared in compliance with the Instructions to Bidders issued by Owner, and delivered as follows:
- Bid Date: July 14, 2022.
- Bid Time: 10:00 a.m., local time.
- Location: White & Borgognoni Architects, P.C., 212 North Illinois Avenue, Carbondale,
- Bids will be thereafter publicly opened and read aloud.
- Award is based on lowest responsive bid (i.e., lowest cost)
- Protest Procedure: Any individual, agency, or business whose direct economic interest has been affected by the District’s procurement procedures shall have the right to have their protest heard in an economical and expeditious manner. Protests shall be handled and resolved in the following manner:
- Written Submission: An interested party wishing to protest a matter involving a proposed procurement or contract award shall file, with the Procurement Administrator, a written submission addressing, at a minimum, the following:
- The name and address of the interested party and its relationship to the procurement sufficient to establish its interest;
- Solicitation or contract number;
- Statement of the grounds of the protest, including the federal or state law/regulation or the District procedure upon which the protest is based;
- Statement of the specific relief requested; and
- Any documents relevant to the protest that the protesting party desires the District to consider should be attached.
- Procedure for Protests Regarding Solicitation: Any protest regarding a solicitation by the District must be filed no later than five (5) business days before the opening of bids. Any protest filed after that date which raises issues regarding the solicitation will not be considered. Upon receipt of a timely filed protest regarding the solicitation, The District
may postpone the opening of Bids until resolution of the protest; no additional bids will be accepted during the period of postponement.
- Procedure for Protests Regarding Bid Evaluation: Any protest regarding the evaluation of bids by the District must be filed no later than twenty (20) business days after the opening of bids. Any protest filed after that date which raises issues regarding the bid evaluation will not be considered, unless the issue arose after the initial twenty (20) business day period and before contract execution. Upon receipt of a timely filed protest regarding the evaluation of bids, the District will determine if the protestor has established that there is substantial evidence regarding the non-responsiveness of a bid or the non-responsibility of a bidder or doubt regarding the District’s compliance with Federal or State law or these procedures. If the protestor submits sufficient evidence supporting its protest to show that the protest is not vexatious or frivolous, the District may suspend its evaluation of all bids submitted until resolution of the protest.
- Procedure for Protests Regarding Award of Contract: Any protest regarding the award of
a contract must be filed no later than ten (10) business days after the date of the award.
Any protest regarding the award of the contract filed after that date will not be considered. Upon receipt of a timely filed protest regarding the award of a contract, the District will issue a stop work order, if necessary, until the resolution of the protest.
1.3 BID SECURITY
- Bid security shall be submitted with each bid in the amount of 5 percent of the bid amount. No bids may be withdrawn for a period of 60 days after opening of bids. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities and irregularities.
1.4 PREBID MEETING
- Prebid Meeting: No prebid meeting will be held
- Online and Printed Procurement and Contracting Documents: Obtain access after 1:00 p.m. on June 16, 2022, by contacting Paducah Blueprint & Supply. Online access and printed copies will be provided to all registered bidders and suppliers.
- Electronic Copies: available by request at no charge. Contact Paducah Blueprint Ph: 800-423-6479.
- Printed Copies: One deposit for each set of documents shall be made payable to White & Borgognoni Architects in the amount of One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00) which is
refunded upon return of documents in good condition to White & Borgognoni Architects
within 30 days after Bid Opening. No shipping fee will be applied. Ph: 800-423-6479.
- Viewing Procurement and Contracting Documents: Examine after June 16, 2022, at the locations below:
- White & Borgognonoi Architects, P.C.
1.6 TIME OF COMPLETION
- Successful bidder shall begin the Work on receipt of the Notice to Proceed and shall complete the Work within the Contract Time.
1.7 BIDDER’S QUALIFICATIONS
- Bidders must be properly licensed under the laws governing their respective trades and be able to obtain insurance and bonds required for the Work. A Performance Bond, separate Labor and Material Payment Bond, and Insurance in a form acceptable to Owner will be required of the successful Bidder.
- This Advertisement for Bids document is issued by Shawnee Mass Transit District.
6/7, 6/8, 2022Shawn