If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
TAYLORVILLE — The Taylorville Optimist Club held its regular meeting on Thursday, August 25, 2022, in the Community Room of the People’s Bank. President John Crist called the meeting to order with the Pledge of Allegiance, followed by the opening prayer by Pastor Steve Robinson. Guest speaker for the morning was Mitch Parrish, manager of Scooters coffee shop in Taylorville. Scooters opened at its location on Rr. 29 in December of 2021. Scooters originated in Bellview,, Nebraska in 1998, and is expanding with franchises all around the country. Mitch Parrish is originally from Pleasant Plains, IL. He emphasized the fact that only 5% of their income goes to corporate expenses, leaving the other 95% in the local community. Scooters employs some 30 people in the local business. The coffee used by Scooters comes from Costa Rica. The coffee beans are shipped to the stores and ground on site to ensure freshness. The coffee comes in all sorts of flavors with a daily “flavor of the day” available. Mitch states that the favorite drink of many customers is the one called “carmelicious”. The store is open from 5:30 am until 7:00 pm daily. In other business, the annual fall fundraiser will again be the popular mostaccioli dinner from Florinda’s. This year’s event will be held on Monday, Oct. 24th, between the hours of 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm. It will once again be held as a drive-thru with pick-up at the outside window only. More details will be forthcoming soon. As always, the Optimist Club welcomes visitors and guests at any
regular meeting, and prospective new members are encouraged to join our cause. For more information just contact any current member or call 217-827-5978.